You are here:
You are here
Our vision is to position the Centre for Child Development and Education as a centre of excellence and a national leader in innovative, trans-disciplinary research that positively and practically improves children's lives through better health, education and wellbeing.
Our purpose is to conduct collaborative, applied research which builds scientific, policy and public understanding of how the development and educational opportunities of Australian children - particularly Indigenous children - can be improved to advance population health and community wellbeing.
We will achieve this by:
- Conducting applied child development, education and family support research
- Disseminating and translating research findings into policy, practice and community action
- Building research capacity in child health, education and family services
- Providing evidence-based policy advice and advocacy for children, young people and families
- Disseminating information for communities, families, services and researchers
Download the Centre for Child Development and Education's 2011-2013 Strategic Plan summary